Tuesday 8 October 2013

Bombay Bicycle Club Cover (progress)

Finally I added The picture I took on the school field of 4 members of our graphics class.
I am happy with the background and some of the lay out, but If I had the opportunity to re-do this I would definitely take more time in setting up my 'models' so that they correspond with the textual layout.

I added the extra text boxes and text to my copy magazine, a bar code and another picture of kurt cobain which I found on the internet and then changed the colours to black and white so that it would look more identical to the original image.

When moving on to the the second member of the band, I tried to create as close as possible the same pattern as the original. However once applied It really did not work so I decided not to use it.
 I used the lasso tool to go around the 'frontmans' hoodie changing the colour from grey to a red colour so that it would look more like the original copy.
Once I had chose a similar font, I then added drop shadow along with the red and yellow coloured boxes also with a low opacity drop shadow. At this stage I am now adding the text for the subheadings, by resizing and stretching to ensure they're as similar as possible to the real cover.

Using the software 'InDesign' I placed the NME jpeg and added some important guidelines so that when recreating the front cover I will have a better idea of where to situate headlines, subheading and images. Before taking my image of four boys posing I decided to browse for the man type font for 'BOMBAY BYICYCLE CLUB' in 'fontdoc'.

No comments:

Post a Comment